Saving scale-up cost and effort - Novel ozonation reactor for wastewater treatment
Optimising ozone transfer and mixing
Our client PureBlue developed a novel ozonation system for industrial wastewater treatment, maximising ozone transfer efficiency. The main design questions were:
- What are the optimal reactor dimensions?
- How to operate the system optimally?
- Our simulations lowered scale-up costs significantly, saving a lot of stainless steel and time
- Time to market was decreased dramatically
- Based on trial and error testing only, the optimal system would have been hard to define